We have produced a video of selected project highlights featuring project partners showing some of the results in their regions. Watch here Read ...
Aims and Objectives
All our work is motivated by one overarching aim:
To develop sustainable, cost-effective solutions to improve connectivity for poorly connected regions in North West Europe.
As part of this, we have four specific objectives (with a fifth objective added in the project extension):
- Promote possible cost-effective technology-based solutions
- Assess the appraisal procedures used by different countries for investment in regional tram systems, and improve the development process for a positive business case
- Promote high-quality, effective interchange between regional tram systems and regional rail and air hubs
- Promote and market the benefits of regional tram-based systems to users and stakeholders
- Test technologies for low cost transport links in different regional contexts, linked to more integrated territorial corridor plans that help these links realise wider economic and regeneration benefits - and better recognise these benefits in the investment case